Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year 2008



Happy New Year.
Here we are already into 2008.
I trust everyone had a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
Many of our town folk celebrated by having family and or friends over.
Others had a grand ole time at one of our two "Watering Holes".
The Red Rooster, of which I will show you a picture, had a FREE buffet starting at 7 pm. This was very nice of the owner. I'm told there was standing room only!
The summer of 2007 found several TV crews from foreign countries here in Overton taking pictures to be used in their commercial. They especially liked the Red Rooster and took lots of film.
Also on that side of the street, there is the True Value Hardware Store and Sugar's Home Plate Restaurant. I'll show you a picture of Sugar's another time, but I will show you the True Value this time. In there you find anything....and I do mean ANYTHING that you could possibly need. Radio Shack is also in there.
No need to go to Mesquite or Las Vegas for any hardware supplies, sewing supplies, small appliances, plumbing, paint, etc. Here are the Pix I promised.
ENJOY!

No comments: